Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Bug report version 0.4.3

From: Manu Sharma
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Bug report version 0.4.3
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:22:49 -0400 (EDT)

Inline
On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, Al Chu wrote:

Hey Manu,

Thanks for the info.

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 18:14 -0400, Manu Sharma wrote:
I noticed two issues with FreeIPMI version 0.4.3

{1}
Build Error.
I had to place end quotes " in the file ipmi-fru.8.pre on lines 1 thru
26 when i used make install option.

Another user reported a similar issue.  Some pre-processing wasn't
handled properly on older systems.  Wasn't quite of the best way to work
around this besides some flat out removal of text that confused older
preprocessors.

Did this only occur for your on the ipmi-fru manpage?

Yep only on ipmi-fru manpage
My cpp/gcc version is 3.3.5.

{2}
Man Page Error
Man page for Pef-config had the following confusing information for -i
option

-i, --info
             Show PEF information

and

-i, --commit
             Update configuration information to BMC.

Ahh, thanks for the catch.