Re: [Freeipmi-devel] sun20 workaround doesn't

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] sun20 workaround doesn't
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 17:47:50 +0100

Al Chu <address@hidden> writes:

> Ahhhh.  I take it you are using the hostrange feature as a "go get data
> faster" mechanism.  I suppose I was thinking more about the
> buffer/consolidate options (-B, -C).  Using them against a heterogenous
> environment didn't make too much sense to me.

Right.  I have a script with a fragment

  # x2200s.  Default is -W authcap.
  /usr/sbin/ipmi-sensors -E -h 'ipmi0[00-59]' --always-prefix -g temperature
--sdr-cache-recreate -Q
  # x4100s
  /usr/sbin/ipmi-sensors -E -h 'ipmi[060-103]' --always-prefix -g temperature
-W endianseq --sdr-cache-recreate -Q

piped into a loop which mangles it for gmetric, though there it's not
much of a problem to split the ranges, obviously.

> ohhh, you mean like:
>
> Section nodes[0-11]
>   workarounds sun20
> End
> Section nodes[0-12]
>   workarounds intel20
> End

I meant more like the Windows (sorry!) .ini system, which does get used
elsewhere, i.e.

  [section1]
  [section2]

but I don't know that there's any particular advantage to it.