Re: [Freeipmi-devel] KCS Driver & SMS_ATN Register

From: Matt Jerdonek
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] KCS Driver & SMS_ATN Register
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:27:02 -0800 (PST)

Please give the attached patch a look.  Since you two didn't like the idea of a callback, I created an API to wait for an event and a second API to cancel the wait.  Basically the application will be responsible for creating a thread which invokes the API.  The API will block the application's thread until an event occurs.  The application will be responsible for issuing a GET MESSAGE FLAGS command once the thread unblocks.

I had to use a semaphore to block the thread, so I made some small changes to ipmi-semaphores.c as well.

Note: this compiles, but I didn't try to run it yet.  My customer has not yet sent me the hardware with the KCS interface, so I don't have hardware to exercise the code.

Thanks again for your consideration,
-Matt