[Freeipmi-devel] Re: FreeIPMI beta w/ BMC watchdog workaround for Sun ma

From: Frank Steiner
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: FreeIPMI beta w/ BMC watchdog workaround for Sun machines
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:32:39 +0200

Al Chu wrote

> Hi Frank, Dave,
>
> I finally got around to trying to develop that workaround into BMC
> watchdog to get around the issue on the Sun motherboards you have.  Do
> you think you guys could try it out and make sure it works for you?
>
> http://ftp.gluster.com/pub/freeipmi/qa-release/freeipmi-0.8.7.ignorestateflag.tar.gz
>
> You have to add the '-W ignorestateflag' option to turn on the
> workaround.  You'll have to edit /etc/sysconfig/bmc-watchdog to add the
> workaround for Linux.  Not sure how you would do this on Solaris.

Seems to work fine on my X4100 M2 machines :-) Starts up, reports status
correctly, resets etc.

Btw., Sun has confirmed it's a bug that the state flag does not change.
The 2nd level support has requested a firmware update for the ILOM, but it's
not yet clear if it will be granted.

Thanks a lot for the patch, now I can safely deploy the watchdog on all
our servers :-)

cu,
Frank

--