[Freeipmi-devel] Re: [Freeipmi-users] A Comparison of common IPMI Softwa

From: Al Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: [Freeipmi-users] A Comparison of common IPMI Software open-source projects
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:48:12 -0700

Hey Kenneth,

On Tue, 2010-10-19 at 03:57 -0700, Kenneth Stailey wrote:
> The ipmiutil developers are producing this document that includes statements
> about FreeIPMI.
>
> http://ipmiutil.sourceforge.net/docs/ipmisw-compare.htm

I've been talking to Andy about this list and updated him with a few
things.  I even linked to it in the FreeIPMI FAQ.  Personally, I've
always said there were pros vs cons between all the projects.  FreeIPMI
will be a lot better for some people than ipmitool, ipmituil, and
openipmi.  The other projects will be better than FreeIPMI for other
users, needs, etc.

Al