[Freeipmi-devel] Set Boot Device Parameter in ipmi-chassis-config

From: Liebig, Holger
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Set Boot Device Parameter in ipmi-chassis-config
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:26:53 +0100

Hi Al,
do you have any background info or remember what has caused the current change
in the SVN version of ipmi-chassis-config versus the 0.8.10 in sending the Set
Boot Device Parameter? It is working fine with the SVN version on our system,
but the older version seems to have some side effects.

Background is: A customer is trying to temporary set the Boot Option for
booting into PXE for installation on a System under Solaris with

./ipmi-chassis-config  --commit -e "Chassis_Boot_Flags:Boot_Device=PXE"

As far as I can see from the trace, the SVN version sends
Param 5 / Param 3 / Param 4

While the slightly older version is sending
Param 5 / Param 4

In our Web Interface of the BMC we are sending (only disabling the 60 seconds
timer with param 3):
Param 3 / Param 5

The customer wants to perform some unattended/scripted installation, so we
recommended freeipmi to him but he currently only has the official release.

Thanks,
Holger Liebig