[Freeipmi-devel] Re: FreeIPMI beta w/ BMC watchdog workaround for Sun ma

From: Dave Love
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: FreeIPMI beta w/ BMC watchdog workaround for Sun machines
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:55:12 +0000

Frank Steiner <address@hidden> writes:

> I think I have misunderstood your reply to Dave. I thought that the sun BMCs
> had general problems whenever the kernel modules are loaded.

I can't now remember what the problems were originally, or even whether
they were specific to Solaris (which is where I was interested in the
watchdog).  I don't run lm_sensors, which didn't do anything useful on
our compute nodes, if I recall correctly.  I'm unclear if there's an
outstanding issue, but let me know if it's useful to test anything here.