[Freeipmi-devel] Can anyone confirm if Fujitsus iRMC S2 works fine?>

From: Frank Steiner
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Can anyone confirm if Fujitsus iRMC S2 works fine?>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:11:24 +0100

Hi,

we might have to buy a Server with Fujitjus iRMC S2 card. From the datasheets
I found it's not clear if everything works just with freeipmi or openipmi.
There is sentence "From the Web frontend one can start a telnet session...
Additionally to telnet, SOL and ssh are also supported".

This could mean that I would also need the web interface to start the SOL
session. Of course I don't want that...

Can anyone working with this card confirm if
a) SOL can be used by freeipmi or openipmi without any web gui or sth. else,
   just by calling ipmiconsole or "ipmitool sol activate"?

b) bmc-watchdog works?

Thanks!
cu,
Frank