Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Can't read OEM Sensors HP DL360 G6

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Can't read OEM Sensors HP DL360 G6
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 07:47:39 -0700

On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 00:08 -0700, Frank Steiner wrote:
> Albert,
>
> Albert Chu wrote
>
> > Yup, the watchdog can be handled by bmc-watchdog.  Most people run it as
> > a daemon in the background.  It can be used for the normal watchdog
> > activities, such as if the OS freezes, the IPMI card can reset the node.
> > There's more info the bmc-watchdog manpage too.
>
> I'm not 100% sure if that was just a general description about bmc-watchdog
> or a "does work with bmc-watchdog" specifically for the DL360 watchdog? :-)

That was a generic bmc-watchdog description.  As for whether it works on
the DL360, I don't know.  HP obviously has to implement their side of
the equation correctly (and to be fair, it's always possible there's a
bug in my side too).  I had to iterate with some Sun people a few times
b/c they had a bug in their firmware a few years ago (which is since
fixed).

Al