[Freeipmi-devel] in need of guidance...

From: Arnaud Quette
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] in need of guidance...
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 00:46:42 +0200

IPMI fellows,

first, congrats for the FreeIPMI project. it's a cool piece of software ;-)

I'm currently having a look at IPMI to implement a PSU monitor driver for the NUT project:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerOneiricInfraPower#NUT_PSU_.2BAC8_native_IPMI_driver

I've had a look at the various IPMI implementations out there, and FreeIPMI seems the most suitable.
I've then had a look at FreeIPMI docs, code, svn, examples, contrib, and there I got lost!
the code is very complex and hidden in many abstraction layers. And docs and examples are not very helpful.
I also don't see pkg-config supports files (.pc).
Have I missed something? or isn't it developer friendly :(

I've got the attached output from ipmi-fru and ipmi-sensors
I'd like to do the exact same thing (ie identify and get all PSU information and events), but looking at the code and docs, I still don't see the light.

Could you please provide me some help and guidance?

thanks,
Arnaud
--
Linux / Unix Expert R&D - Eaton - http://powerquality.eaton.com