Re: [Freeipmi-devel] The Infamous Cipher Zero, I presume?

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] The Infamous Cipher Zero, I presume?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:30:49 -0800

> I'd love to hear about the vendors that do have this on or off by
> default.

I know I've seen some vendors not disable it by default (and did not
disable IPMI 1.5's "none" authentication), but I can't recall who.

A random thought/comment.  I do know many vendors do not write their own
IPMI firmware, it usually comes from another company.  I have this
feeling that many of the defaults actually from the common "parent" of
the firmware, not the vendor itself.

Al