Re: [Freeipmi-devel] bad sensor name when using entity-sensor-names

From: Hank Bruning
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] bad sensor name when using entity-sensor-names
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 14:16:31 -0400

As usual Albert is correct. The root cause of this is IPMI. Note that it's note a problem, it's just the way IPMI works
If you use a API, in this case Java
http://www.jblade.com/JbDoc2/products/retuli/ipmiDC/doc/programmers/RetuliIpmiCXProgrammersGuideOverview.html
It's under sensors reading or SDR repository.
to interact with IPMI, there is no problem and you can interpret the output and act acccordingly.
Hank Bruning