Re: [Freeipmi-devel] [bug #40076] Does not differentiate between differe

From: Rob Swindell
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] [bug #40076] Does not differentiate between different OEM-SEL record types
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 00:11:22 +0000

Your patch works fine. I'm not a big fan of having to pass '-vv'. Without the
record type value in the output, I'm not clear what value the other hex bytes
of the OEM entry would be, but I understand for backwards compatibility you
might not want to alter the output of the default command-line.

As for native/internal parsing of Broadcom OEM SEL entries in Free-IPMI, we'll
have to look into that possibility at some point. For now, we just pipe the
output through a small Perl script which filters and translates the
Broadcom-OEM formatted entries for human consumption.

-Rob