Re: [Freeipmi-devel] [SPAM] - RE: Retrieving BIOS information via IPMI -

From: Andy Cress
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] [SPAM] - RE: Retrieving BIOS information via IPMI - Email found in subject
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 09:51:20 -0500

Hmmm.  I didn't know that.  So in this case the SuperMicro BIOS has opened a proprietary conduit via the IPMI firmware.  And the commands are then passed via IPMI LAN to the BIOS (in main memory) which has access to the data and responds.  I guess the elaborate key mechanism is more for licensing than for security.