[Freeipmi-devel] ipmi-sensors: N/A reading on Dell machines

From: Daniel Fazio
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi-sensors: N/A reading on Dell machines
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 12:03:17 +0000

Hello,

I have a sensor's reading problem with only some DELL machines (R410, R420, PE 2950, PE 1950).
I get a N/A output reading for the temperatures and other sensor's type. This happens by using the "ipmi-sensors" command.
How come "ipmitool sdr list" is able to output some values? it means that somewhere the data are read.
Also with "ipmi-sensors -v" I'm able more or less to find the correct values (that ipmi-sensors is not giving me).
Could I please have a clear explanation on how this work?

Regards,
Daniel