Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Issue with ipmi-oem supermicro (pmbus) power-supply

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Issue with ipmi-oem supermicro (pmbus) power-supply-status
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2015 11:12:32 -0700

That's not too far removed from the other motherboard.  From ipmi-oem's
comments:

  /* Supermicro OEM
   * From Supermicro Engineer
   *
   * Request
   *
   * 0x06 - network function
   * 0x52 - cmd (master read/write)
   * 0x07 - (channel = 0, bus id = 3, bus type = private)
   * 0x?? - slave address
   *      - 0x70 - ps 1
   *      - 0x72 - ps 2
   *      - 0x74 - ps 3
   * 0x01 - read count
   * 0x0c - data to write ... no idea why 0x0c
   *
   * Response
   *
   * 0x52 - cmd
   * 0x?? - Completion Code
   * 0x?? - 0x01 - good
   *      - 0x00 - bad
   */

I added yours into a branch of FreeIPMI if you could give it a shot.  I
just assumed the good vs bad response was the same.

svn co http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/freeipmi/branches/supermicroipmioempower
freeipmi
cd freeipmi
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
ipmi-oem/ipmi-oem supermicro get-power-supply-status2 1
ipmi-oem/ipmi-oem supermicro get-power-supply-status2 2

As an aside, after I realized that this was going through the master
read/write and not some arbitrary Supermicro OEM command, I actually can
add an error message for the 83h error code you saw before.  So
hopefully that's taken care of when you run the original.  I get

# ipmi-oem/ipmi-oem Supermicro get-power-supply-status 1
Supermicro:get-power-supply-status failed: NAK on Write

Al