Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmimonitoring-sensors.c discretereading workaround

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmimonitoring-sensors.c discretereading workaround
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2018 12:02:47 -0800

Hi Florian,

Assuming you're using a modern version of FreeIPMI, the
"ipmimonitoring" command that comes with FreeIPMI simply points to
ipmi-sensors with some specific options set.  That was a legacy
decision, and perhaps I should revisit that as it might cause
confusion.

So the behaviors might have subtle differences.  So lets just
concentrate on the ipmimonitoring-sensors.c output.

Lets start by setting:

int ignore_non_interpretable_sensors = 1;

to 0, b/c that's probably why sensor 5 isn't showing up.  Basically,
this configuration says "if you can't come up with NORMAL, WARNING,
CRITICAL for this sensor, don't output it".  I don't think there are
any "current" rules for determining normal vs warning vs critical (see
freeipmi_interpret_sensors.conf).

As for the output of sensors 8 & 9, I'm betting there might be a bug in
the ipmimonitoring-sensors.c since discrete_reading is sort of an
oddball case.  I'll take a look later on, but lets start with sensor
#5.

Al