[Freeipmi-devel] Inverted IPMI responses

From: GIRARD, MARC
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Inverted IPMI responses
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 08:58:26 +0000

Hi FreeIPMI Team,

We experiment a unusual problem with Intel PCSD S2600BPB host.
With Intel Node Manager OEM command, sometime response messages come in reverse
order : OEM Intelnm Get Node Manager Statistics Response first then Send
Message Response.
See side by side trace analysis in .pdf joined

With my knowledge of the IPMI protocol, this is not allowed and I suspect a BMC
implementation bug.
Can you give me your opinion?

Kind regards / Cordialement
Marc Girard