Re: Lower freeipmi.conf permission as it could contain sensitive informa

From: Fabio Fantoni
Subject: Re: Lower freeipmi.conf permission as it could contain sensitive informations
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2021 19:34:12 +0100

Il 07/02/2021 19:10, Al Chu ha scritto:
> Hi Fabio,
>
> Thanks, I've decreased it and other conf files to 640.  I never caught
> this b/c the permissions were overwritten to 0600 in the RPM spec
> files.

thanks, decrease all conf files is not needed if not all them can
contain sensitive informations (like username/password) FWIK, I did a
fast look and seems:

- freeipmi.conf ipmiseld.conf libipmiconsole.conf can contain sensitive
informations

- freeipmi_interpret_sel.conf freeipmi_interpret_sensor.conf
ipmidetect.conf ipmidetectd.conf don't can contain sensitive informations

is it correct?