Re: [Freeipmi-users] S2882 how-to

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] S2882 how-to
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:55:05 -0800

,----[ Albert Chu <address@hidden> ]
| Hi Kurt,
|
| What version of FreeIPMI are you using?  I fixed a number of critical
| bugs in FreeIPMI just a week or two ago.
`----
GNU FreeIPMI 1.x stable releases works with S288x motherboards. Bala
just uploaded the firmware files and install instructions. He will
shortly write in a email.

-- Anand Babu

--------------000000020003070605070807

Hi,

I've searched the web, but can't find any docs on how to get FreeIPMI to
work on our Tyan S2882 with SMDC.

I firmware-upgraded the SMDC to v1.69. I gave it an IP address.
Connected the 100Mbit interface to the network. Installed the FreeIPMI
software without much hassle. But then it starts going wrong: bmc-config
--checkout gives lots of 'Error in checkout of key' messages. sensors
gives strange readings, like a CHS FAN 3 0 cycles and thus critical,
while no fan seems to have a problem. ipmiping and ipmipower can't
connect to the card over the LAN. Tried IPMITool too, but that can't
connect either.

Is there such a thing as a how-to to get FreeIPMI to work with the SMDC?
Has anyone got a clue what I'm doing wrong here?

Much obliged,

Kurt Haegeman
Mediargus.com

--------------000000020003070605070807

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I've searched the web, but can't find any docs on how to get FreeIPMI
to work on our Tyan S2882 with SMDC.<br>
I firmware-upgraded the SMDC to v1.69. I gave it an IP address.
Connected the 100Mbit interface to the network. Installed the FreeIPMI
software without much hassle. But then it starts going wrong:
bmc-config --checkout gives lots of 'Error in checkout of key'
messages. sensors gives strange readings, like a CHS FAN 3 0 cycles and
thus critical, while no fan seems to have a problem. ipmiping and
ipmipower can't connect to the card over the LAN. Tried IPMITool too,
but that can't connect either.<br>
Is there such a thing as a how-to to get FreeIPMI to work with the
SMDC? Has anyone got a clue what I'm doing wrong here?<br>
Much obliged,<br>
Kurt Haegeman<br>
Mediargus.com<br>