Re: [Freeipmi-users] Tyan Thunder S2882 with m3289 bmc module

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Tyan Thunder S2882 with m3289 bmc module
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:20:48 -0800

Hi Jan,

Hmmmm.  Can you try turning md5 on for the User privilege level too to
see if that works?  The power control operations on, off, cycle, reset
require Operator privilege, but power status queries require User
privilege.  So if User authentication w/ md5 isn't enabled, I think that
is what will cause your connection problems.

This is something that has been fixed in later ipmipower releases.  If
you'd like a backported version/patch, PLMK.

Al