[Freeipmi-users] bmc-info hangs

From: Edward Broustinov
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] bmc-info hangs
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 05:33:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi list,
I've d/led and installed freeipmi-0.1.3 rpms, and can't get it working. If I
run
"bmc-info" it hangs (waited for more than 10 mins, then Ctrl-C'ed it). If I run
"bmc-config --checkout", then I get the following:
Section User1
        ## Give username
        Username                                     Anonymous
        ## Give password or leave it blank to clear password
        Password

And then it hangs too..after quite a long time (20-30 mins) it returns the
prompt.
Also if I run from other machine "ipmipower -h <the_server> -u anonymous -p
--stat", then I get the "ipmipower>" prompt, but every command there (stat,
reset, and whatnot) ends with "permission denied" reply.
I must be missing something on the configuration/installation side..

Setup details:
Server: Intel SE7520BD2 (64bit EM), latest BIOS
OS: RedHat Adv. Server 3
RPMS installed:
freeipmi-utils-0.1.3-0.20041102
freeipmi-devel-0.1.3-0.20041102