Re: [Freeipmi-users] Questions on x86_64, RPMs, ...

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Questions on x86_64, RPMs, ...
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:59:53 -0800

,----[ Richard Lefebvre <address@hidden> ]
| Anyone got the x86_64 running correctly. In running RHEL4-x86_64 on
| a TYAN thunder i7520 with dual Xeon EM64T. I have installed the
| patches mention in the previous x86_64 thread (note I got the same
| rejection error on the patch). I eventually got it compile, there is
| a bit of issues with /usr/lib and /usr/lib64. But when I tried to
| run bmc-info, it just stays there doing nothing.
|
| I also tried the i386 RPM, but it does the same thing. Speaking of
| RPMs, There is a few problems with those. There is a conflict with
| another package called lm_sensors, someone might look into
| that. Also the src.rpm is a bit off. The tar inside is not the same
| freeipmi-0.1.3.tar.gz . Which one is the proper tar.gz file.
|
| Richard
`----
I run GNU FreeIPMI on Intel Alief (Xeon64), Tyan S5350 (Xeon64) and
Tyan S2881/2 (Opteron) based systems. We closely work with Tyan to get
their implementation IPMI compliant. You need to update your
firmware. It is not on the public FTP server. Call Tyan support.

--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>