Re: [Freeipmi-users] Re: Freeipmi Tyan S2882

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Re: Freeipmi Tyan S2882
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 14:54:33 -0700

,----[ "Bala.A" <address@hidden> ]
| > If I could go ahead and get the approval pushed through for you to
| > use the 1.5 SOL spec from Tyan would you still be willing to
| > implement it?  I think there are a large number of us who bought
| > the adapters only to be let down with the implementation by Tyan.
| >

| I will discuss with our team and let you know about SOL 1.5.  BTW,
| Tyan has proprietary tool called TSO (Tyan System Operator), which
| supports SOL.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Best Regards
| Bala
`----
Tyan's M3291 SMDC should support IPMI-2.0. Tyan planned to release
it to the market in March 05 (Its Apr now). Intel boards already
support IPMI-2.0 in their Xeon64 platforms. So I don't think we
need to worry about those proprietary SOL extensions in IPMI-1.5 any
more. Any comments?

--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31