Re: [Freeipmi-users] problem with installing freeipmi

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] problem with installing freeipmi
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:21:31 -0700

,----[ prasanna venkatesan <address@hidden> ]
| hi
| This is my mother board no...
| ASUS p4 800-VM ACPI BIOS revision 1013 BLUEBIRD -LD...
| INTEL(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80 GHZ AT/AT compatible
| Chipset I865G
| thanks
`----
I don't think ASUS P4 800-VM supports IPMI.  Thats why bmc-info waits
for response from kcs driver indefinitely.

Newer Intel P4 boards are known to support SSIF mBMC interface. We
just committed universal driver model to CVS. We are closer to another
major release which will include SSIF driver too.

BTW, look at the example
CVS:freeipmi/doc/example/udm-test.c

New UDM APIs are much easier. IPMI commands will work for all in-band
and out-band drivers transparently over UDM.

--
Anand Babu
GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31