Re: [Freeipmi-users] fish crashes with "Segmentation fault" at startup

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] fish crashes with "Segmentation fault" at startup
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 08:46:58 -0800

Hey Rob,

Just to make sure, this is the Freeipmi 0.1.3 version?

I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but a few ideas:

1) Since this is a chrooted environment, is it possible you don't have
all the same file system mounts in your chrooted environment as you do
in your normal environment?  Off the top of my head, the libfreeipmi
library stores/uses a few things in /var/lib.  So if there isn't a /var,
some things may get messed up.   Fish also reads from some files in a
few other directories.  This is just a guess of course.

2) Is the 2.4.31 IPMI kernel driver turned on?  FreeIPMI doesn't require
it, and wouldn't think that the kernel driver would interfere with
libfreeipmi, but who knows.

Thanks,