Re: [Freeipmi-users] fish crashes with "Segmentation fault" at startup

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] fish crashes with "Segmentation fault" at startup
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 10:37:15 -0800

> I'm assuming from the Troubleshooting section of the
> documentationthat 'ipckey' doesn't contain any data, it's just the
> inode number that gets used.

It's just a place holder for ftok().  As long as its there, things
should be fine.

> Just to be sure, when I built I used GUILE=/usr/local/bin/guile
> GUILE_CONFIG=/usr/local/bin/guile-config
> GUILE_TOOLS=/usr/local/bin/guile-tools in the 'configure'
> command-line.

I've never had to build against a non-default GUILE, so I'm not 100%
sure about whether the above will work.

But now that you mention it, it's possible your build is confused b/c of
its compiling against the guile in /usr/lib.  You may want to try
setting the LDFLAGS=-L /usr/local/lib and CPPFLAGS=/usr/local/include.
This should tell the compiler to search those paths first.

> Just thinking as I type, fish should use the version under what's
> specified by --prefix & --exec-prefix, /usr/local by default, and not
> what's in $PATH.

My understanding is that --prefix and --exec-prefix are only for
installation location and will not affect library linking.

> There isn't a connection with the shell used is there? Both the target
> and the chroot'ed build-host run ash whereas the normal build-host
> environment is bash.

There shouldn't be.

Good luck,