Re: [Freeipmi-users] fish crashes with "Segmentation fault" at startup

From: robm_campbell
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] fish crashes with "Segmentation fault" at startup
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 22:29:14 +0000

Hi, Albert.

Finding the bug was a team effort. Myself and a colleague, Martin Bruce,
spent a couple of hours working on it this afternoon.

'bmc-info' from the shell prompt hangs without returning anything. If run
from the fish prompt it returns immediately without displaying any data.

You could well be right about the default KCS port, I'll have a look in the
morning.

The target board is brand-new, not even in full production yet so we don't
know a great deal about it and I suspect the vendor doesn't know much about
IPMI and the BMC either ! The BMC firmware was developed by a third party.
The System Management Comtroller just gets a stream of i2c NAK's back from
the board when it polls it over IPMB. My hope was that we could get
Linux/FreeIPMI
up and running quickly to see what's going on. That's a lot closer now.

Will let you know what I find tomorrow.

Cheers,
Rob

Unlimited Tiscali Broadband from 14.99!