[Freeipmi-users] Re: IPMI help Needed

From: Bala.A
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Re: IPMI help Needed
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:44:45 -0800 (PST)

Hi Abhishek,

> Thanks again for your Help.
> 1. I had installed IPMITool on my machine and changed some bios settings
> for IPMI over LAN. Now IPMITool Works Perfectly. But FreeIPMI 0.1.3
> doesn't.i.e. Just after installing, when we check BMC-INFO is not giving
> any output.
> 2. I have Reinstalled FreeIPMI-0.2.0 Again but Now bmc-info,bmc-config
> commands does not give any output and gives timed out message.
> 3.Discover command doesn't work.it gives No response Message.it means it
> is unable to find the system IPMI Enabled.but as IPMItool is working on
> the same system, means system is IPMI enabled.
> Plz suggest is there any other configuration needed beside installation of
> FreeIPMI-0.2.0-beta0 version.

You can not use OpenIPMI/IPMITool and FreeIPMI together for inband
access(ie accessing IPMI on the IPMI machine itself).  You have to rmmod
openipmi kernel modules and try freeipmi for inband access.

FreeIPMI 0.1.3 is absolete and we recommend to use FreeIPMI 0.2.0.
FreeIPMI 0.2.0 tools support both inband and out-of-band.

BTW, We fixed lot of bugs after releasing FreeIPMI-0.2.0-beta0.  I
uploaded latest tarball.  You can get it from
ftp://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/freeipmi/qa-release/freeipmi-cvs-20060123.tar.bz2

Please try this for inband and out-of-band and tell me how they perform.

Thanks,

Bala
---
Free as in freedom