[Freeipmi-users] Re: Success: IPMI help Needed

From: Bala.A
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Re: Success: IPMI help Needed
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:39:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi Abhishek,

Thats good news.

You have bmc-autoconfig tool in FreeIPMI to configure BMC automatically.
You just run the tool to configure BMC on the IPMI server.

I have fixed few critical bugs in bmc-autoconfig.  Please try this tarball

ftp://ftp.zresearch.com/pub/freeipmi/qa-release/freeipmi-cvs-20060124.tar.bz2

> Thanks a lot for your help.
> sir i have installed freeipmi-cvs-20060123.tar.bz2 and now everything is
working fine.thanks for that.
> but one question i want to ask.before that plz see the following
remarks:

> 1.I have installed IPMITool on my cilent and server both.
>    and ran
>    ipmitool -I open lan set 1 access on   command
>   it is working.
> 2.As per your suggetion i have uninstall ipmitool form server and
installed FreeIPMI on both client and server. it is working fine and
ipmi
> tool is also working.
>
> 3. Now i uninstalled freeipmi from server but it is working fine from
the
> client.
>
> 4. But i reinstalled IPMITool and ran
>    ipmitool -I open lan set 1 access off.
>
> 5.Now FreeIPMI is not working but when i ran
>     ipmitool -I open lan set 1 access on. it works again.
>
> Now My question is For FreeIPMI we have to enable LAN Channel access.
but i didnt find ne command for that. i am able to disable/enable
channel
> with IPMITool.and FreeIPMI also depend on channel on and off.
>

> so is there any command for doing the same without using IPMITool.

Thanks

Bala
---
Free as in freedom