Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi_open_inband no such device on Ibm e325

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi_open_inband no such device on Ibm e325
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:01:30 -0800

Hey Rene,

Thanks.  That verifies atleast why it's failing.

/* At this point we only support SYSTEM_IO, i.e. inb/outb style IO.
   If we cant find the bass address, we better exit. -- Anand Babu */
   if (dev->io.inband.locate_info.addr_space_id !=
IPMI_ADDRESS_SPACE_ID_SYSTEM_IO)
     {
       errno = ENODEV;
       return (-1);
     }

The IBM's use memory mapped io.  This is the first machine (that I've
seen) with memory mapped rather than port based i/o for in-band IPMI.

A.B., Bala I'll leave this to you to follow up on.  Needless to say,
this needs to be fixed.  I think logically it shouldn't be too hard to
add?  Just need to map some INB/OUTB calls into read/writes?  I could
give it a shot, but I lack a machine to test on.

925-422-5311