Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi_open_inband no such device on Ibm e325

From: Rene Salmon
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi_open_inband no such device on Ibm e325
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:53:12 -0600

Hi,

The IBM bug might be fixed already I just updated to the latest BMC firmware which has this on the release notes.

Version: 1.48
BIOS Version: 1.36
Broadcom FW Version: 3.27
Update Utility Version: U162
MS-9549 HW Version: 1.0 (reworked)
MS-9145 HW Version: 1.1
FW modification:

* Fix "Able to log in serially with nonexistant userids/passwords" defect
    * Fix "Get ACPI status" issue.

here is the link:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=ibm&lndocid=MIGR-53812

I will give it try now and let you know how it goes.

Rene

Albert Chu wrote:
Hey Rene,

I remember that thread.  The IBM lancfg utility should be fine.  What we
found was that there was a bug in the IBM IPMI firmware.  So I had to
write a workaround in 'ipmipower' to work around the problem (the
--force-permsg-auth flag) [1].  I don't believe the problem should exist
in the other FreeIPMI over-LAN tools.  Please let us know if there are
problems though.

Al

[1] - That does remind me though, I need to re-harass IBM about this bug :-)

925-422-5311