[Freeipmi-users] Cat ate fish during bmc-config

From: Frank Hempel
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Cat ate fish during bmc-config
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 17:56:31 +0200

Hello,

I just installed freeIpmi (0.2.1) on an intel-based server with a bmc.
Calling
#bmc-config --checkout
results in a "cat ate fish" situation with the output below.

Could someone give me a hint what I might do totally wrong or better where should I start to debug or workaround?

Thank you!
Ciao, Frank.

grizzly:/home/frank/install/ipmi/FreeIPMI/freeipmi-0.2.1# bmc-config --checkout
Section User1
        ## Give username
        Username                                     NULL
        ## Possible values: Yes/No or blank to not set
        Enable_User
        ## Give password or leave it blank to clear password
        Password
        ## Possible values: Yes/No
        Lan_Enable_Ipmi_Msgs                         Yes
        ## Possible values: Yes/No
        Lan_Enable_Link_Auth                         Yes
        ## Possible values: Yes/No
        Lan_Enable_Restrict_To_Callback              No

>>--:>  >>--:>  >>--:> >>--:>
~ ~   Cat ate the fish!!  ~ ~
>>--:>  >>--:>  >>--:> >>--:>
Fish Exception Handler:
tag        : wrong-type-arg
throw args : (string-capitalize Wrong type argument in position ~A (expecting ~A): ~S (1 STRINGP #f) #f)
data       : [/usr/local/sbin/bmc-config]
No backtrace available.

grizzly:/home/frank/install/ipmi/FreeIPMI/freeipmi-0.2.1# bmc-info
Device ID:         20
Device Revision:   1
                   [SDR Support]
Firmware Revision: 3.0
                   [Device Available (normal operation)]
IPMI Version:      1.5
Additional Device Support:
                   [Sensor Device]
                   [SDR Repository Device]
                   [SEL Device]
                   [FRU Inventory Device]
                   [IPMB Event Receiver]
                   [Chassis Device]
Manufacturer ID:   1002B99h
Product ID:        1h
Aux Firmware Revision Info: 7000000h
Channel Information:
       Channel No: 0
      Medium Type: SMBus v1.0/1.1
    Protocol Type: IPMI-SMBus
       Channel No: 1
      Medium Type: IPMB (I2C)
    Protocol Type: IPMB-1.0
       Channel No: 2
      Medium Type: Asynch. Serial/Modem (RS-232)
    Protocol Type: TMODE
       Channel No: 3
      Medium Type: System Interface (KCS, SMIC, or BT)
    Protocol Type: SMIC
       Channel No: 4
      Medium Type: System Interface (KCS, SMIC, or BT)
    Protocol Type: BT-15
       Channel No: 5
      Medium Type: System Interface (KCS, SMIC, or BT)
    Protocol Type: KCS
       Channel No: 6
      Medium Type: 802.3 LAN
    Protocol Type: IPMB-1.0