Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi_open_outofband(): Input/output error

From: Emmanuel VIDAL
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi_open_outofband(): Input/output error
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 13:29:53 +0200

>> I think it's a material problem : the ipmi_open_outofband() error just
>> occurs from 2 days.
>
> Do you mean it occurs after running one of our tools for several days?
Is
> this inband or outofband?  Which tool?

I use nagios and freeipmi (0.2.1 then 0.2.3-1, rpm version) for hardware
monitoring from months. All worked perfectly. Interrogations for all cards
were OK.
I installed freeipmi, freeipmi-fish and freeipmi-utils.
The only command i use is : ipmi-sensors -h @IP -s SENSOR

> It can occur for several reasons, so it's hard to say right now.
> Unfortunately, our debugging support in freeipmi 0.2.3 was not as good
as
> (the soon to be) 0.3.0.
>
> Would you be willing to perhaps try out 0.3.0?  I can send you an rpm.

It's a good idea! I'm waiting for your rpm.
I'll try it before calling the hotline for the card replacement.

Emmanuel