[Freeipmi-users] ATCA: Query related to Bridging of Ipmi Commands from I

From: Raghavendra G
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] ATCA: Query related to Bridging of Ipmi Commands from IPMB-L to IPMB-0
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:34:16 +0530

Hi all,

Is it possible to bridge Ipmi Commands from IPMB-L to IPMB-0. Basically I am
sending IPMI commands from AMC on a carrier blade to the Shelf Manager. I am
trying something similar to below,

ipmitool -t 0x20 -m 0x7a raw <Send Message Command to Shelf Manager> where,
0x7a: AMC Address on IPMB-L
-t 0x20: IPMC of Carrier blade

I am hoping the IPMI commands traverse following path,
System Interface on AMC -> IPMC present on Carrier Card, IPMB-L -> Shelf
Manager, IPMB-0

Does the IPMCs on Carrier blade have bridging Capability? From IPMI
v1.5spec it seems that only BMC (Shelf Manager) has the bridging
capability.

If it is possible to bridge commands from IPMB-L to IPMB-0, please point me
to the details of parameters to Send Message Command.
--
Raghavendra G
OpenClovis Solutions, Bangalore