Re: [Freeipmi-users] sparc64 compilation errors

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] sparc64 compilation errors
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 06:36:07 -0700

,----[ corentin.labbe writes: ]
| Hello
| | I searched a long time but i saw a major problem here:
| http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2000-01/msg00158.html No
| iopl on sparc.  However "GNU FreeIPMI implements their in-band IPMI
| driver in userspace using iopl() calls" So the only solution is to
| use /dev/port (acording to
| http://linuxdriver.co.il/ldd3/linuxdrive3-CHP-9-SECT-2.html section
| 9.2.3)
| | For the compilation problem i just put manual "typedef unsgned int
| u32;" and it works (yes i know it's bad).
| | But the major problem is now the iopl. | | Cordially | | LABBE C.
`----

Labbe, It will be hard to fix, without having access to the
system. Can please arrange me remote access?
We need to add a new check for SPARC architecture in <ipmi-inband.h>
and include <linux/types.h> before including <asm/io.h>.
ioperm will be useless, because mostly KCS driver is mapped to 0xCA2
or higher than 1024 port range. You are correct. We need to use
/dev/port though it is slightly slower. Performance is not much of an
issue.
--
Anand Babu GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31 Blog [http://ab.freeshell.org] The GNU Operating System [http://www.gnu.org]