Re: [Freeipmi-users] sparc64 compilation errors

From: corentin.labbe
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] sparc64 compilation errors
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:36:13 +0100

Anand Babu a écrit :

,----[ corentin.labbe writes: ]
| Hello
| | I searched a long time but i saw a major problem here:
| http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2000-01/msg00158.html No
| iopl on sparc.  However "GNU FreeIPMI implements their in-band IPMI
| driver in userspace using iopl() calls" So the only solution is to
| use /dev/port (acording to
| http://linuxdriver.co.il/ldd3/linuxdrive3-CHP-9-SECT-2.html section
| 9.2.3)
| | For the compilation problem i just put manual "typedef unsgned int
| u32;" and it works (yes i know it's bad).
| | But the major problem is now the iopl.
| | Cordially
| | LABBE C.
`----

Labbe, It will be hard to fix, without having access to the
system. Can please arrange me remote access?
We need to add a new check for SPARC architecture in <ipmi-inband.h>
and include <linux/types.h> before including <asm/io.h>.
ioperm will be useless, because mostly KCS driver is mapped to 0xCA2
or higher than 1024 port range. You are correct. We need to use
/dev/port though it is slightly slower. Performance is not much of an
issue.

Hello

For the remote access, it's possible but in the future. (the station must be
checked for security reason).
I saw that you use _OUTB macro so porting it to the open/read/write with
/dev/port would not so difficult.
I will try to work on this until i can give you a remote access.

Cordially

LABBE C.