Re: [Freeipmi-users] sparc64 compilation errors

From: Anand Babu Periasamy
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] sparc64 compilation errors
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:58:16 -0700

Albert Chu writes:
ipmi-locate is the first tool we need to get to work. If you have
already loaded kernel based IPMI modules, please unload them.

A.B.

How would this be an issue?  If the IPMI kernel module is loaded,
libfreeipmi uses it.  Otherwise it moves on into the freeipmi based
drivers.

ipmi-locate should be able to probe drivers even IPMI kernel modules
are loaded. You are right in the sense, GNU FreeIPMI should be make
use of kernel drivers if they loaded in the first place. In this
particular case, we are patching the KCS and SMIC inband user-space
drivers to use /dev/port interface on SPARC architecture. To make sure
the patched driver gets control, we should either rmmod the kernel
modules or specify --driver-type=KCS|SMIC to the command line tools.

--
Anand Babu GPG Key ID: 0x62E15A31 Blog [http://ab.freeshell.org] The GNU Operating System [http://www.gnu.org]