Re: [Freeipmi-users] ASUS IPMI card

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ASUS IPMI card
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:16:55 -0700

Hey Evan,

I worked w/ Asus a few months back on some "sanity" checking if FreeIPMI
worked with their motherboards.  Although there were some nit-IPMI
compliance complaints, they reported it worked fine (of course who knows
what motherboard/firmware version they worked on).

Anyways, if you are getting username invalid errors, it's usually
typical of the remote BMC not being configured correctly.  I take it you
configured several new usernames?  Did you turn on "Enable_User", and
"Lan_Enable_IPMI_Msgs" and setup an appropriate "Lan_Privilege_Limit"
for the user?

Al