Re: [Freeipmi-users] problem with freeipmi 0.5.3 and intel SE7221BK1-E

From: Chris Morgan
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] problem with freeipmi 0.5.3 and intel SE7221BK1-E
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:15:06 -0500

address@hidden:~# bmc-info --no-probing -D SSIF --driver-address=0x42
--driver-device=/dev/i2c-0  --register-spacing=1
Device ID:         20
Device Revision:   1
                   [SDR Support]
Firmware Revision: 2.64
                   [Device Available (normal operation)]
IPMI Version:      1.5
Additional Device Support:
                   [Sensor Device]
                   [SDR Repository Device]
                   [SEL Device]
                   [FRU Inventory Device]
                   [IPMB Event Receiver]
                   [Chassis Device]
Manufacturer ID:   157h
Product ID:        4311h
Aux Firmware Revision Info: Boot Code v00. 0, PIA v00. 0
ipmi_check_completion_code: completion code invalid: c9
ipmi_check_completion_code: completion code invalid: c9
ipmi_check_completion_code: completion code invalid: c9
ipmi_check_completion_code: completion code invalid: c9
ipmi_check_completion_code: completion code invalid: c9
ipmi_check_completion_code: completion code invalid: c9
ipmi_check_completion_code: completion code invalid: c9
ipmi_check_completion_code: completion code invalid: c9
ipmi_check_completion_code: completion code invalid: c9
ipmi_check_completion_code: completion code invalid: c9
ipmi_check_completion_code: completion code invalid: c9
ipmi-messaging-support-cmds-udm.c: 383: ipmi_cmd_get_channel_info:
errmsg = Parameter out of range. One or more parameters in the data
field of the Request are out of range. This is different from
'Invalid data field' (CCh) code in that it indicates that the
erroneous field(s) has a contiguous range of possible values.
[...]
Channel Information:
       Channel No: 1
      Medium Type: 802.3 LAN
    Protocol Type: IPMB-1.0
       Channel No: 2
      Medium Type: System Interface (KCS, SMIC, or BT)
    Protocol Type: IPMI-SMBus
address@hidden:~#

address@hidden:~# bmc-info --no-probing -D SSIF --driver-address=0x84
--driver-device=/dev/i2c-0  --register-spacing=1
ipmi-ssif-api.c: 548: ipmi_ssif_ctx_io_init: errno (22): expression failed
ipmi-udm.c: 627: ipmi_open_inband: errnum (10): expression failed
ipmi-udm.c: 808: ipmi_close_device: errnum (15): expression failed
ipmi_open_inband: internal error
address@hidden:~#

So the device at 0x42 worked, 0x84 didn't.

address@hidden:~# ipmi-sensors --no-probing -D SSIF --driver-address=0x42
--driver-device=/dev/i2c-0  --register-spacing=1 -i
SDR version:                     0.0
SDR record count:                0
Free space remaining:            0 bytes
Most recent addition timestamp:  12/31/1969 - 19:00:00
Most recent erase timestamp:     12/31/1969 - 19:00:00
Get SDR Repository Allocation Information Command supported:         No
Reserve SDR Repository Command supported:                            No
Partial Add SDR Command supported:                                   No
Delete SDR Command supported:                                        No
Modal/non-modal SDR Repository Update operation supported:           Unspecified
SDR could not be written due to lack of space in the SDR Repository: No

address@hidden:~# ipmimonitoring --no-probing -D SSIF
--driver-address=0x42  --driver-device=/dev/i2c-0
--register-spacing=1
ipmi_monitoring_sensor_readings_by_record_id: internal error

I'm not sure how to get fan information out now. it still appears that
something may not be working properly due to protocol issues with this
particular server model.

Chris