Re: [Freeipmi-users] problem with freeipmi 0.5.3 and intel SE7221BK1-E

From: Chris Morgan
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] problem with freeipmi 0.5.3 and intel SE7221BK1-E
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 16:28:48 -0500

On Jan 23, 2008 3:57 PM, Al Chu <address@hidden> wrote:
> > You know, I think the vendor does claim that but I've never had any
> > experience with ipmi before until getting these servers. I was under
> > the impression that the only way to get detailed board information was
> > via ipmi. I tried using lm-sensors previously and I believe I only got
> > information about things like fan speeds, no temperature or voltage
> > values etc.
>
> B/c it's an intel board, I'm pretty it does.  Just curious, have you
> been getting identical results on multiple motherboards of this type.
> Just to rule out the possibility that one specific motherboard just
> might be bad.

I just tried the ipmi-sensors -f --debug and ipmi-sensors --debug on
another one of the servers with 0.5.4-alpha that you had sent me and
I'm seeing the same results as from the other machine I've been doing
most of the testing on. I've been using 0.5.4-alpha since you mailed
it to me, just so you are aware.

Chris