Re: [Freeipmi-users] Re: problem with freeipmi 0.5.3 and intel SE7221BK1

From: Chris Morgan
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Re: problem with freeipmi 0.5.3 and intel SE7221BK1-E
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:04:36 -0500

On Jan 24, 2008 12:48 PM, Chris Morgan <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Jan 24, 2008 12:45 PM, Al Chu <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hey Uli,
> >
> > I found your post here:
> >
> > http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2005-
> > October/013978.html
> >
> > So I guess the answer is yes, it does work with ipmiutil?
> >

> Trying ipmiutil now.

address@hidden:~/ipmiutil-2.0.6# sensor
sensor: version 2.6
Cannot open an IPMI driver: /dev/imb, /dev/ipmi0, /dev/ipmi/0,
        /dev/ipmikcs, /dev/ipmi/kcs, libfreeipmi, or ldipmi.
sensor: cannot open IPMI driver

For some reason the ipmiutil sensor application doesn't seem to find
the libfreeipmi library even though its in /usr/local/lib,
/usr/local/lib is a path specified to ld and I've run ldconfig.

Chris