Re: [Freeipmi-users] Any tool to check disks with RAID configs?

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Any tool to check disks with RAID configs?
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 09:25:36 -0700

Hey Won,

The tools ipmi-sensors and ipmimonitoring will only display the sensors
that the motherboard supports.  I've personally never seen a RAID sensor
on a motherboard.  So if I had to bet, your motherboard does not support
a RAID sensor.  If IBM supports some software with RAID monitoring, they
are probably gathering the RAID information through some other means.

You may want to check ipmi-sel to see if the motherboard is outputting
any events about the RAID config.  It's possible.

Hope that helps,

Al