Re: [Freeipmi-users] in-band failure on Suns

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] in-band failure on Suns
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 16:28:34 +0100

Al Chu <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey Dave,
>
> I think I may have fixed a problem that may be the problem for atleast
> one of the problems you listed below. Could you check out this tar.gz
> and let me know that it works?

It looks as if you've spotted the problem, but I'm a bit confused...  I
built it straight from the tarball (with no configure options) and
bmc-info (for instance) worked.  I then built the RPM, and got the same
failure as with the current release.  The obvious difference between the
two binaries was that one that worked was statically linked, and the
other dynamically, though I'm not sure why, and I'm pretty sure I was
picking up the new shared library.

I hadn't realized that it would have worked previously if I removed the
openipmi kernel modules, but we need to be able to run ipmitool as well,
so they will normally be loaded.

I'm off now until Wednesday, but I can look at it again sometime next
week.