[Freeipmi-users] Could not find inband device

From: ocoro02
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] Could not find inband device
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 07:54:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi - I'm seeing this with 0.7.9 & 0.7.10 on a Sun X4150 which is running
Solaris 10 x86 U6 + patches ILOM 2.0.2.10 (which was upgraded from the
original ELOM).

# ipmimonitoring
could not find inband device

# ipmi-sensors
could not find inband device

etc.

Strange thing is it's only started doing this! I've reset the ILOM service
processor and rebooted, no luck. Apologies if this has been covered before -
there's some similar posts but nothing seems to quite fit. I'm using a
default freeipmi.conf.

Curiously my other X4150 failed in a differ manner but was fixed by a SP
reset so I'm not convinced these ILOMs are entirely stable.