Re: [Freeipmi-users] Freeipmi 0.6.4 (and 0.7.12) hang on Intel SR2600

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Freeipmi 0.6.4 (and 0.7.12) hang on Intel SR2600
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:14:39 -0700

Hey Wayne,

That's quite odd.  So after some time that the machine is up, you can't
run ipmi-sensors anymore??  Here's some thoughts/questions.

1) Are you loading/using the Linux IPMI kernel driver w/ FreeIPMI and/or
ipmitool?

2) Could you run an strace on the command when it isn't working?  One
idea I have (if you are not using the Linux IPMI kernel driver) is that
multiple FreeIPMI tools could be running simultaneously and one is
holding the semaphore for in-band communication via KCS.

3) If you built from the tar.gz, you can turn on extra debugging by
doing "--enable-debug --enable-trace" on the ./configure line.  That
would get us way more information ("internal error" maps to a ton of
possible conditions).

Al