Re: [Freeipmi-users] debugging problems with ipmi-sensors -E

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] debugging problems with ipmi-sensors -E
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:57:29 +0000

Al Chu <address@hidden> writes:

> Hey Dave,
>
>> >  # ipmi-sensors -E -h ipmi008
>> >   hostlist_ranged_string: truncation
>
> This ended up just being a dumb corner case if the -E option eliminated
> every node specified on the command line.

That seemed likely.

> The maintainer of the hostlist library thinks there may be a bug in his
> code.  If you specify:
>
> ipmi[007-008]
>
> instead of
>
> ipmi00[7-8]
>
> it will work for the time being.  The issue is that when you specify
> "ipmi00[7-8]" the internal library recognizes "ipmi00" as the prefix of
> the range of nodes.

Yes, I can confirm that, thanks; I was expecting it to involve some
serious debugging!

Ironically, I realize it's no longer a problem where I found it
originally since I changed the script to use nodeattr to select the
nodes, which DTRT.  In case it's a useful example, and an indication of
why --legacy-output is convenient, see the script at
<URL:http://www.nw-grid.ac.uk/LivScripts?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=freeipmi-gmetric-temp>.