Re: [Freeipmi-users] Intel SR 1625 Sensors

From: Werner Fischer
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Intel SR 1625 Sensors
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 16:06:36 +0200

Hey Al,

thanks for the beta1. I'll forward this to our customer and let you know
as soon as I have feedback.

btw: below are the details I got from Intel regarding the sensors.
1) SMI Timeout:
The BMC supports an SMI timeout sensor (sensor type OEM (F3h), event
type Discrete (03h)) that asserts if the SMI signal has been asserted
for more than 90 seconds. A continuously asserted SMI signal is an
indication that the BIOS cannot service the condition that caused the
SMI. This is usually because that condition prevents the BIOS from
running. When an SMI timeout occurs, the BMC asserts the SMI timeout
sensor and logs a SEL event for that sensor. The BMC will also reset the
system.
The normal value is deasserted; system health status = OK
When this sensor is asserted, the system health status = fatal.

2) IOH Therm Trip. This sensor indicates whether the IOH has reached
overheating point (thermal trip point)
The normal value is deasserted; system health status = OK
When this sensor is asserted, the system health status = fatal.

Both VRD Hot sensors have a fatal contribution to system health when in
limit exceeded state.

best regards,
Werner