Re: [Freeipmi-users] HP ProLiant ML310 G5 does not support fan reading?

From: Frantisek Hanzlik
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] HP ProLiant ML310 G5 does not support fan reading?
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 23:16:47 +0200

Hello Al,

You are right and Your fix is working, below is ipmi-sensors w/o and
with "-W discretereading" option. First two ID's (Health LED and VRM)
are still not displayed, but I not need them. Fan speeds in percentage
of maximum doesn't matter, it's OK.
Even lower is first part of dmidecode output, for better machine model
identification.

Many thanks for Your work! I see that project vitality has very high
score, I wish You many further successes!

Franta

address@hidden log]# ipmi-sensors
ID | Name            | Type         | Reading    | Units | Event
1  | Int. Health LED | OEM Reserved | N/A        | N/A   | 'OEM Event = 0000h'
2  | VRM (CPU1)      | Power Unit   | N/A        | N/A   | 'Device
Inserted/Device Present'
3  | CPU Fan         | Fan          | N/A        | N/A   | 'transition to
Running'
4  | Rear Fan        | Fan          | N/A        | N/A   | 'transition to
Running'
5  | Temp 1          | Temperature  | 32.00      | C     | 'OK'
6  | Temp 2          | Temperature  | 30.00      | C     | 'OK'
7  | Temp 3          | Temperature  | 22.00      | C     | 'OK'

address@hidden log]# ipmi-sensors -W "discretereading"
ID | Name            | Type         | Reading    | Units | Event
1  | Int. Health LED | OEM Reserved | N/A        | N/A   | 'OEM Event = 0000h'
2  | VRM (CPU1)      | Power Unit   | N/A        | N/A   | 'Device
Inserted/Device Present'
3  | CPU Fan         | Fan          | 60.37      | %     | 'transition to
Running'
4  | Rear Fan        | Fan          | 33.32      | %     | 'transition to
Running'
5  | Temp 1          | Temperature  | 32.00      | C     | 'OK'
6  | Temp 2          | Temperature  | 30.00      | C     | 'OK'
7  | Temp 3          | Temperature  | 22.00      | C     | 'OK'

#------------------------------------------------------------------------
# dmidecode 2.11
SMBIOS 2.4 present.
56 structures occupying 1594 bytes.
Table at 0x000EE000.

Handle 0x0000, DMI type 0, 24 bytes
BIOS Information
        Vendor: HP
        Version: W05
        Release Date: 11/15/2007
        Address: 0xF0000
        Runtime Size: 64 kB
        ROM Size: 4096 kB
        Characteristics:
                PCI is supported
                PNP is supported
                BIOS is upgradeable
                BIOS shadowing is allowed
                ESCD support is available
                Boot from CD is supported
                Selectable boot is supported
                EDD is supported
                5.25"/360 kB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
                5.25"/1.2 MB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
                3.5"/720 kB floppy services are supported (int 13h)
                Print screen service is supported (int 5h)
                8042 keyboard services are supported (int 9h)
                Serial services are supported (int 14h)
                Printer services are supported (int 17h)
                CGA/mono video services are supported (int 10h)
                ACPI is supported
                USB legacy is supported
                BIOS boot specification is supported
                Function key-initiated network boot is supported
                Targeted content distribution is supported

Handle 0x0100, DMI type 1, 27 bytes
System Information
        Manufacturer: HP
        Product Name: ProLiant ML310 G5
        Version: Not Specified
        Serial Number: CZ1751005W
        UUID: 34343533-3336-435A-3137-353130303557
        Wake-up Type: Power Switch
        SKU Number: 445336-421
        Family: ProLiant

Handle 0x0300, DMI type 3, 19 bytes