Re: [Freeipmi-users] Dell OEM commands for setting fan thresholds?

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] Dell OEM commands for setting fan thresholds?
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 09:42:43 -0700

Hi,

The normal mechanism for configuring the fan thresholds is via the
ipmi-sensors-config tool (see manpage for more details on how to
config).  It is possible the fields are read-only on your motherboard,
so the tool may not work for you.

If there is an OEM specific way to configure them, it might be hidden to
end users and is only used by Dell during manufacturing.  The Dell OEM
commands in ipmi-oem came from some docs I got from Dell.  The docs
don't list a fan threshold modification, so I don't think I can help you
on that front.

Hope some of this information helps.

Al